The Comet loco is the perfect loco for the garden railway or the club track; it has all the attributes of the Project Loco combined with industrial narrow gauge looks.
The loco uses our tried and tested drive train featuring chain drive from the 1hp motor via a layshaft to both axles. When combined with our industry standard 180amp digital control system you have a loco that will do a hard days work hauling garden produce, ballast or passengers.
This loco also features a new optional extra of an additional lay-shaft and gears which reduces the top speed and increases torque so scale running typical of the narrow gauge scene can be achieved with efficiency and power.
All 2015 Comet Locos have stainless steel window frames, window material and fastenings included as standard.
- All steel construction
- 24v 750w 1hp motor
- 180amp digital control system
- Kit can be built in a weekend
- All wiring pre-made
- Remote handset with Deadmans cut out facility
- On board battery charge and diagnostics indicator
- Customer choice of colour
- Handrails and decals included
- Optional Garden Railway gearing
- Illustrated build manual
- Optional ready to run
This bolt together, all steel construction loco can be ordered in a colour of your choice from a range of powder coat colours and features some nice detailing such as handrails.
- 7¼" gauge Comet locomotive kit - £1,695
- 7¼ gauge Comet locomotive ready to run - £1,895
- 7¼" gauge Comet locomotive kit with garden railway gearing - £1,695
- 7¼" gauge Comet locomotive ready to run with garden railway gearing - £,1995
- 5" Comet locomotive kit - £1,095
- 5" Comet locomotive ready to run - £1,245
The larger Comet 7 loco can also be supplied with a 5” gauge wheelset as an option.
Comet is also available in 5” gauge using the same all steel body and chassis construction as its big brother. The drive system uses our 5” bogie technology and incorporates two swinging arms fitted with two 150w DC motors. This combination coupled with the latest digital control technology make a very compact and capable locomotive equally at home on the garden railway or the club track. The loco will comfortably pull several passengers and is capable of an afternoons work on one battery charge.
The loco can be built on the kitchen table in a weekend using basic hand-tools. You will need to provide a pair of batteries, everything else is included.